COVID-19 Info & Testing
Most foreign countries, such as the U.S. and Canada have implemented specific COVID-19 testing requirements for both adults and children. Please be sure to check with the country you are returning to make sure to meet the current testing standards. Depending on the test required, we have found the following options to be the most convenient (please reach out to these services directly to make arrangements and confirm pricing):
- Testing with a Mobile Service in San Pancho: Covid Express Mexico. This is appointment only, start by emailing them at [email protected]. They will need photos and/or scanned digital copies of passports for everyone getting tested along with the house location. Please note, most homes in San Pancho do not have an exact address. If it wasn’t provided in your arrival information, the home does not have one. You will need to give them the house name, the web page for the home you rented and the house directions we provided. When you are physically at your vacation home, you will also be able to text or email them your exact location. If you are not savvy about this, please look up “how to send my location from my phone”.
- Testing in San Pancho: There are some small laboratories opening up if you would like to walk in. There is one across the street from the hospital in San Pancho. They are short staffed so they have asked that you call or email for an appointment: +52 334 266 8417 or WhatsApp +52 322 779 7482, [email protected]. Please bring your passports.
- Testing in Sayulita: There is a testing center near the entrance to Sayulita, www.saintlukeshospitals.com located here. Their phone numbers are +52 329 688 2335, +52 329 688 2338 and +52 329 688 2323. Walk in’s are welcome and Saint Luke’s are open from 8am to 7pm for Antigen testing and 8am to 7pm for PCR testing. You will all need your passports with you. Cash or Credit Card accepted (Visa or Mastercard – they do not take Amex)
- Puerto Vallarta International Airport: Testing is also available at the Puerto Vallarta International airport. Please allow yourself extra time to test at the airport. Antigen testing can be done within an hour, PCR is 24 hours. This is by far the most economical option. We personally don’t use this option as it adds more time to the already 1 hour drive from San Pancho to the airport plus the 2 hours or more that is suggested to arrive before your flight. However, this is for sure a personal preference. We have had many friends and clients who prefer this option. We would not suggest this option if you needed a PCR as you would have to go to Puerto Vallarta a day early so you can get your results a day later.
In San Pancho, our beautiful beach is open along with businesses and restaurants, some of which, are following protective protocols and wearing masks. We encourage you to only support the businesses following these safety measures.
On a local support level, Entreamigos continues to educate children as the schools are closed, maintain the recycling center to keep San Pancho clean and keep the library open for access to books and the internet. Entreamigos will continue to remain a center of support and education for small groups for children that need tutoring and help with their homework as schools in the entire country of Mexico have been closed since March of 2020. If you can contribute any amount it will be welcomed. Contributing on a monthly or yearly basis is even better. Right now they are the only entity in town providing support to those without jobs nor access to education. Check out their “ways to support” page to get involved!
At San Pancho Rentals & Real Estate, we have been working hard make sure we we are adhering to the needs of our clients and guests. Rest assured San Pancho travelers that we are here to make your travels and/or real estate transactions easy and safe during these challenging times! Our top priority is the safety and well-being of our community, staff and customers.
San Pancho Rentals & Real Estate, homeowners and staff are committed to the needs of our guests by providing the following:
- We can now offer Travel Insurance that can work with your needs.
- Carefully read the current cancellation policy below and note that COVID-19 and its consequences are no longer considered unforeseen or unexpected and are therefore not considered an excusable reason for cancellation for any reservation booked after March 2020.
- All cleaning staff has been provided with the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Guidelines including:
- Wearing protective gear like disposable gloves, aprons or gowns, and facial coverings while cleaning.
- Ventilating rooms before and after they are cleaned.
- Washing hands or using hand sanitizer thoroughly before and after each cleaning.
- Cleaning, then disinfecting using the right disinfectant.
- Washing all linens at the highest heat setting recommended by the manufacturer.
We look forward to having you all back next season as the sun is out shining and will be awaiting your arrival!